Monday, February 5, 2024

The unfinished:  The pronoun "me" was not part of Lois' vocabulary.  Pronouns like "you" and "we" were when it came to discussions with each other.  Very often Lois asked me to provide feedback on her artwork, critique it from a non-artist's point of view.  Almost always I sought her feedback on things I wrote, valuing her critical eye.  We just supported each other, caused that's what we did.

There's a favorite section of the East Branch Neversink, on Frost Valley YMCA property, immediately upstream of the New Road Hill Bridge.  I fish it often, it holds special meaning to me.  Thus I asked Lois to paint a watercolor of that section for me.  She did, but we could never quite agree upon her final efforts.  Thus it's called "The Unfinished", hoping when we meet again we can finally agree upon this landscape.

The Unfinished:





No comments:

Post a Comment