Monday, February 5, 2024

Flugertown:  We relocated to New York shortly after we married in 1970.  My husband used the excuse of new careers for both of us, which was true, but we did leave job opportunities back in New Jersey.  Actually, it was a Charmed Circle article in some outdoor magazine that drew us to the Catskills. 

Ed is the angler in our relationship and he is forever roaming new waters.  He tells me that his “first Catskill love” was the Willowemoc; little did I know.  So when he asked me to paint a primitive scene found in the Willowemoc Wild Forest, hidden along Flugertown Road, I wasn’t totally surprised.

This task was a bit of a challenge, as my hands have become increasing unsteady as I battle my illness;  but perhaps that enhanced the looseness of this watercolor.

This watercolor appeared in the March 2023 issue of the Gazette, newsletter of the Catskill Fly Tyers Guild.

Lois completed this watercolor on February 3rd, 2023, later that evening she entered Kingston Hospital for her illness.  Two days later she was discharged into home Hospice care.  She passed peacefully at home on March 2nd; this was the last watercolor she ever painted.

Flugertown (NFS):



No comments:

Post a Comment