Saturday, November 12, 2022

Neversink River:  There are very few places that my husband enjoys more, as he whiles away time, than flyfishing the upper Neversink.

As I’ve acknowledged before, many of my paintings are done from photographs my husband takes while fishing or hiking.  Recently he shared a photo with me of a meadow of wild flowers, captured along the West Branch of the Neversink in a section known as Jones Flat at Wintoon.  What caught my eye first was the light on the “S” shape of the river.  I didn’t change much, except perhaps adding a few more purple flowers endeavoring to make the foreground a lovely feature of this painting.

This watercolor was utilized in the September 2022 issue of the Gazette, newsletter of the Catskill Fly Tyers Guild.

Meadow waters – Jones Flat (NFS):


Autumn on the upper Neversink's twin sister, the East Branch.

Autumn East Branch Neversink:







 



No comments:

Post a Comment